Saturday, December 13, 2008

Final

For my final project I had some trouble coming up with a concept, so I settled on something that I have to deal with everyday: being sick. I get tired very easily and have chronic joint and rib pain. Because of this I have to regularly see several doctors. I've also developed a weird relationship with food. Codeine based pain killers make me feel ill and do almost nothing for my pain so I rely on sugar to take the edge off when I've been in pain for a long time. It doesn't work for acute or strong pain, but it does help for the dull, nagging pain that can last for more than a month strait. As soon as I've had dull pain for more than a day I crave cake or candy, but the weird thing is I've never been particularly fond of sugary things (aside from apples and plums) when I'm not in pain. In fact this past month I've been feeling fine and only had a few sugary indulgences, and that's all that I've wanted to have.



I found the image of the room, complete with odd lighting and a "soothing" shade of green. I guess I've been left to wait for an hour in too many doctor's rooms because the blank image of the room looks more eery to me than the finished image. I also scanned in the warning labels, distorted them to look slightly angles, and gave each label its own blending option. I thought of making sure that none of the labels overlapped, but then I remembered peeling them off the crammed bottles and felt it was more authentic. Finally I took the picture of the pills on the floor and the bottles on the counter.


And finally, my cupcake landscape. Originally I wanted to to the complete landscape in sugary treats, but I lost a couple of weeks due to an unforeseen emergency. I took the pictures of everything except for the back row of cupcakes right before I had to leave town and I assembled everything two weeks later. I scanned in the three leaf shaped sprinkles and I found the background.

No comments: